My Top 10 of 2019
Friends, today was a good morning. You have all inspired me. I started this blog thinking it would be a fun thing to do but the reaction I have gotten from all of you is more than I could have ever imagined. This morning for the first time maybe ever, I got on my Peloton bike and I rode that bike like a champ. I was energized and excited and my mind was filled with ideas. It was one of my best rides ever because normally I am half dead when I get on that damn bike, I can barely get through the warm-up. Thank you all so much for your encouragement.
Now that I have taken the plunge and done this thing that I can never undo, one of the things many of you have asked is what about 2019? What were my favorite books of 2019? There were so many amazing books that came out in 2019 and I have compiled my list for you below. These are all titles that were published in 2019 and I know that there are many more amazing books out there - I could have easily done a top 25 of 2019 but you all would probably unsubscribe. So here we go! From #10 to #1 - #1 being my favorite. Enjoy it because it's almost the long weekend and there will be plenty of time to read!
10. Disappearing Earth - Julia Phillips
9. Dutch House - Ann Patchett (I will read absolutely anything she writes)
8. Nickel Boys - Colson Whitehead
7. Save Me The Plums - My Gourmet Memoir - Ruth Reichl
6. Normal People - Sally Rooney
5. Mrs. Everything - Jennifer Weiner
4. Secrets We Kept - - Lara Prescott
3. Ask Again Yes - Mary Beth Keane
2. Red At The Bone - Jacqueline Woodson
1. Daisy Jones And The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid